Thursday, 17 July 2014

Sheena has a four day deal!!!

Hi All,

Firstly apologies - June has flown and July is heading the same way and my little blog has been seriously neglected (I could blame it on my age as I have now reached 50... I REALLY don't know how THAT happened LOL!)

But, moving on! The GREAT news is that Sheena has a four day deal with some wonderful new embossing folders and stamps starting Monday on Create and Craft (21 July) I will pop show times on here as they are confirmed but the launch show will be 8 a.m.

I have seen the samples and they are gorgeous and the DT has worked its little socks off to create some amazing projects. ( If you click here - you will find a link to everyone's blog)

But for my first offering I thought I would share this one:


Fellow crafters will know that sometimes you surprise yourself  with what you create and this was one of those occasions for me.

I found some double sided adhesive in my stash and it started from there: The card is about 8 x 8. so you can see that the new rooftops stamp is really sizeable.  The stamp was embossed on acetate and stuck to one side of the adhesive. Working on the reverse I then "coloured it with a a brown , bronze and gold glitter and gave the snowy areas a coat of white acrylic. Because I am impatient I then painted over the back of the glitter with 2 Luminarte Silks : a brown and gold.

Turning back to the front way I glittered the white areas using Katy Sue's Glitter Frosting -A hint of violet.

So to the rest of the card; The gorgeous blue is just black card painted with Luminarte Silk - Iris Petal. The Ivy is one of the lovely new folders with the embossing picked out using Pebeo Gold gilding was and the white backing card is embossed using another new Sheena embossing folder - falling snow.

Hope you like and hope you enjoy the shows and all of Sheena's inspiration

Have a great day
Fiona
xxx

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, can't wait for Monday

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fabulous, Fiona and thanks for telling us how you made it - I've been wondering since I first saw it!
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Fiona, I love the gorgeous stamp and the Ivy looks brilliant surrounding the image.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks gorgeous Fiona - wonderful make - can't wait to see the shows xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a super card. Love everything about it, especially how you've framed the whole scene with the Ivy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it is very much appreciated xx