This post is primarily for a couple of people who asked how my little Christmas box, below was created.
"From our home to yours stamp" Sheena Douglass Winter Sketchies series
Pebeo High Viscosity acrylic paint - white
Pebeo Mat Gel
Pebeo Black Gesso
H2O's Carnivale set
Acetate, and a box (in fact its an i- pod box that I decided to give a makeover!!
How I did it:
1. Cover box in black gesso - leave to dry and meanwhile
2. Take sheet of acetate and using cool set fantasy paints cover the acetate with your choice of Pebeo fantasy prism and moon paints - Put to one side to do its thing and dry ( about 24 hours)
3. Cover stamp with black Stazon: Mix equal parts white acrylic paint and mat gel and using palette knife fill stamp generously and leave to dry ( also 24 hours).
After 24 hours:
4. Carefully peel stamp away to reveal house embellishment. I used a couple of blue spectrum noirs to add shading.
5. Use sponge to dab box top and base with H2O's to create a marbled effect - I used Teal, Mediterranean and Meridian from the Carnivale set
5. I used a little Pebeo Gliding Wax in Silver on the edges and corners of the base. ( Tip: when dry I sprayed inside of box lid and base with Spray and Shine to seal it and prevent any scratches)
6. Stick house embellishment to lid using Bindex. I added a bit of Pebeo Modelling Paste mixed with a little H2O's at the front like a snow drift .
7. When lid is dry - I used a Versamark pad and UTEE to cover lid top ( mine has 5 layers of UTEE)
8. Finally cut 4 panels from the fantasy paint covered acetate and stick to the sides of the lid using bindex.
So there it is ... my little Christmas box!
Hope this is clear - however any questions let me know and I will try my best to answer them.
Love n stuff