Monday, 9 September 2013

My little up-cycled Christmas Box

Hi guys

This post is primarily for a couple of people who asked how my little Christmas box, below was created.



I used:
"From our home to yours stamp" Sheena Douglass Winter Sketchies series
Pebeo High Viscosity acrylic paint - white
Pebeo Mat Gel
Pebeo Black Gesso
H2O's Carnivale set
Pebeo Bindex
Fantasy paints
UTEE
Spectrum noirs

Acetate, and a box (in fact its an i- pod box that I decided to give a makeover!!

How I did it:

1. Cover box in black gesso - leave to dry and meanwhile
2. Take sheet of acetate and using cool set fantasy paints cover the acetate with your choice of Pebeo fantasy prism and moon paints - Put to one side to do its thing and dry ( about 24 hours)
3. Cover stamp with black Stazon: Mix equal parts white acrylic paint and mat gel and using palette knife fill stamp generously  and leave to dry ( also 24 hours).

After 24 hours:

4. Carefully peel stamp away to reveal house embellishment. I used a couple of blue spectrum noirs to add shading.
5. Use sponge to dab box  top and base with H2O's to create a marbled effect - I used Teal, Mediterranean and Meridian from the Carnivale set
5. I used a little Pebeo Gliding Wax in Silver on the edges and corners of the base. ( Tip: when dry I sprayed inside of box lid and base with Spray and Shine to seal it and prevent any scratches)
6. Stick house embellishment to lid using Bindex. I added a bit of Pebeo Modelling Paste mixed with a little H2O's at the front like a snow drift .
7. When  lid is  dry  - I used a  Versamark pad and UTEE to cover lid top ( mine has 5 layers of UTEE)
8. Finally cut 4 panels from the fantasy paint covered acetate and stick to the sides of the lid using bindex.

So there it is ... my little Christmas box!



Hope this is clear - however any questions let me know and I will try my best to answer them.

Love n stuff
F
x

7 comments:

  1. WOW Fiona this is stunning! I love the colours and those stamps are fabulous.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is amazing - I need some of that gel stuff - what a fabulous effect xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the info Fiona. It's a fab project.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Wow Fiona! I've just found this on your blog while looking at the latest posting of the fish. This box is so gorgeous!Thank you for the tut on how you did it. Did I understand you correctly when you said you loaded acrylic paint and matt gel directly onto the stamp and left it for 24 hours? Did it not damage the stamp at all? I guess that is why the Stazon was used maybe to act as a barrier?

      Delete
    2. Hi Shairon I have done many times now with Sheena's rubber stamps. If you follow instructions should be all good. Have fun playing!! X

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it is very much appreciated xx