Thursday, 22 August 2013

OMG!!! Sheena's new stamps are FLYING!!!

Good morning all..

Phew, just caught Sheena's first show on Create and Craft! (She's on again at 4 p.m. but what will be left???) However the Magical new stamps are on Crafters Companions site  together with the spectrum noirs that I used in this sample.

Today I thought I'd do a quick "how to" on the Spectrum Noir background I used for this card as its one of my favourite techniques:

The card is made using Neenah card and this is the how!:




First choose the Spectrums you want and a refill bottle of blending solution and scribble random blocks of colour



















Now - here's the technical bit...
 - drop the blending solution onto the scribble until you are happy!





Trim the card and darken the edges with a bit of distress ink (Chipped sapphire or black soot or both together works well!


Finally you might even want to bling it up with a little Luminarte Pourable!! (I used Egyptian Gold)


There  you have it ...simples. To complete the card I embossed that gorgeous bird of prey with black embossing powder  and used a little more  blending solution to lighten the wings together with a little white acrylic paint. The card was finished using some ribbon and  a sentiment,  the ink well and feather on shrink plastic...

Do hope this was of interest  - have a great day xxx

7 comments:

  1. Ooh going to have to try this, always like finding new background making ideas! Looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Fiona, this is amazing. I got my stamps ordered and can't wait for them to arrive so I can play :)

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful card Fiona and yes - I'm definitely going to try this - love making backgrounds xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for that, Fiona - it's a great effect!
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic tutorial... With amazing results.. Thank you for sharing Px

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tutorial Fiona, loved the result. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Fiona
    Just popping by to admire all your stunning samples. Loved them all.
    This is a great tutorial. I must get me some blending solution!!! The colours you've used are gorgeous.
    Have a great Bank Holiday weekend.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it is very much appreciated xx