Thursday, 23 May 2013

Such a busy month and its Sneaky Peek time!

Morning!

Well, wow, what a busy month May is turning out to be! I have LOADS to share; my first craft fair, my first DT retreat with "wor Sheena"  and my fellow Inkoids :-) AND new stamps that launch on Saturday  on Create and Craft :-)  Can't possibly do it all  in one post so will start today with some Sneaky Peaks!

Sheena's new stamps are just gorgeous! If you jump here onto Sheena's blog  you will see all the new stamp plates and they are lush!


My first sneak peak is from the beautiful Violets plate. Not only do you get that GORGEOUS main image but also the art nouveau style swirls and a fabulous bee but more of that later! The card is very blingy as twinkling H2O's were used to paint the embossed image and background ( the Passion set  with the addition of Oyster and Alfalfa). The swirls and wording are Dusty Concord distress ink. This card would not have been possible for me to create without the use of a brand new product , CLEAR rock-a-blocks from Crafters Companion. It is fair to say I lurve them so thanks Sheena and Sara Davies!! They made the shadow stamping and over-stamping with clear embossing powder a doodle - so happy camper !


Thanks Goph for the pic x
I have a second sneak peek as Crafter's Companion UK kindly showed my  Tropical Hibiscus card on their Facebook page yesterday and I promised Shana Brennan that I would explain how I made it; so here goes Shana!
Add caption
The flowers are embossed using WOW black embossing powder on Crafters Companion heat resistant acetate. Turn the acetate over so you are working on the back and using H2O's colour the stamen, then add the pink (I used either plumeria or pink azalea, and a bit of tanzanite). There is no need to mix them with a binder this time because when they are dry cover the whole of the back with white acrylic paint . I used Pebeo's free flow formula applied with a sponge but any will do - this just dries quickly. When dry cut them out .

The background is Centura Pearl ( the wrong side!). First add a couple of random strokes of white emulsion to act as a resist. Then cover in a wash of  covered in a wash of  Luminarte pourables ( I used the Citrus Punch set;  one drop of pink grapefruit and one of sunburst.)  The shape is the largest Resplendent Rectangles ( Spellbinders). This was then matted onto black mirri card. Finally I used Collal 3 D Gel glue to attach the blooms and some green ribbon. Finally I drew on the birds using a black micron pen- phew!!

Hope this was of help Shana? Don't forget Sheena's shows  are at 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Saturday on Create and Craft. More sneak peeks and news tomorrow 

Hugs 
Fiona
xxx

10 comments:

  1. Both of these are absolutely beautiful, Fiona and it's really helpful to have the deatil of how you made the hibiscus one!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work Fiona. Love the shades od the background on the second card - and the gorgeous flowers too.The one with the violets if lovely - my favourite colour scheme - and I know I'm not alone there. Can't wait to get my mitts on those clear Rock a Blocks - still going very carefully with my original one.
    Hope the craft fair went well for you.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Fiona for explaining how you did this. Its fanfionatastic! I'm in a fair amount of pain so I can't always manage making things myself, and Sheenas gallery on her blog (fabulous as it is) doesn't give details of individual makes. I do record the shows but have to delete them (not enough disc space)before I get a chance to sit and craft with her. So thank you again and I can't wait to see Sheena on Saturday.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue for your great comments and feedback . I do hope your health improves so that you can get back to the things that you enjoy soon. If you ever what to know how I created any of the samples that I blog do please let me know and I will do my best to help. Thank you SO much so my personalised adjective "fanfionatastic", it really made my day! Hugs xxx

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Fiona and I'm so glad you liked 'Fanfionatastic' cos that's what your incredible samples are (I saw more of them on Sheenas show today, wow!) You won't believe this but I sat in front of the TV, filmed the shows on my video camera and uploaded them straight onto my laptop! So now I can keep them and watch them when I like. Loving the 3 Bees in a row xx Suex

      Delete
  4. Hi Fiona, hope the craft fair went well. Lovely cards.mthe backdrop on the second is lovely and love the shadowing on the first. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Fiona. I love the background on the first one and the Hibiscus are just stunning. It's so interesting how you made it. I really need that beautiful set of pourables, rainy day is just not doing it!!!!
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are two stunning projects hun as always. Love them both xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Fiona! Love your colouring on both projects. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are gorgeous. I love purple, so the first is my favourite, but the second is lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it is very much appreciated xx