Thursday, 30 May 2013

My first craft fair adventure and news of a DT call out.

Morning all and another grey and damp day it is too! The front porch has sprung a leak and I am studiously ignoring this and just seeing it as karma's way of watering the dollar plant that stands there... Hey ho.

So, onto other things : I mentioned that I did my first craft fair  a couple of weeks ago. Apart from being very nervous it was great fun! Here's a couple of pics of the stall:



 The craft fair was in a local church hall  with about 20 stalls with quite a variety. I was initially worried about a very large Phoenix card stall a couple of metres away but turns out the customer base for handmade cards is different and, thanks to some advice from a seasoned crafter, I didn't even attempt to compete on price.

What I learned was the prep takes quite some time!!! Oh the joy of making inserts, finding ( or in some cases making) matching envelopes, cursing about non standard size cello bags and dilemmas on what to charge!!! Nonetheless I don't think it looked too shabby in the end!


For a quiet day ( it rained!!) things sold well; particularly the vases and the larger cards. The other stall holders and the organisers were a lovely, friendly group. I am delighted to be doing a stall at their Autumn fair on October 19th too!

Now onto another bit of news... you may have missed a call out for 2 new Inkoids to join Sheena Douglass's Design Team - The call out is open until June 20th and it is easy to join in.. please have a look, The link will take you straight there.

Have a warm and cosy day xxx

7 comments:

  1. The stall looked great, Fiona - well done you!
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing... I always struggle at what to charge for my stuff too... Glad it was a success, but your work is always fantastic .. A great inspiration, Px

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your first craft fair went well Fiona. I bet folks were blown away by your lovely creations.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad the craft fair went well. Your stall looked fabulous such lovely works of art! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stall looks good. I'm glad that things went well for you and that you've got the chance to go back gor the autumn one as well. You'll have a better idea of how to plan and what sells best next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stall looks great, glad you enjoyed it. You're right about the prep, I love making things for my craft stall, but preparing them to sell takes the longest time. Thanks for the info about the team call, I think I might have a go and post some pics.
    Big hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stall looks full of lovely goodies, Fiona. I agree with you about all the prep. I've done a few fairs myself and there is a lot of work involved but it's great fun isn't it.
    Good Luck with the next one.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it is very much appreciated xx