Tuesday, 16 April 2013

Faux Gelli fun

Hi y'all

I've been left to my own devices again and that is always dangerous!  Sheena has a couple of shows on Create and Craft this Thursday at 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. and I decided to have a play...

Now I really want a gelli plate but it is on the wish list ( and a fair way down...) so I was looking around to see what else I had that I could adapt. I happened to glance at an old tan embossing mat and a brayer....ah hah!

Here is the resulting card  made using the glorious Gothic arches. It is printed using primary elements and the powder binder that is in the kits. I rather like the end result; the detail of the original stamp is retained.- it reminds me of an old lino print. Another plus is that clean up is very easy because the products are water based .

Once the impression was transferred to paper it was sealed with a quick spritz of spray and shine :-).

I am hoping  it might make it to a  Sheena show demo on Thursday  - I will endeavour to do a picture tutorial on the blog tomorrow.

Have a great afternoon
xxx

6 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! what a stunning effect. A Gelli plate is on my wish list too! I will be watching Sheena's shows on Thursday xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fabulous, Fiona!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great effect Fiona - gorgeous card. I think you might as well save your money re the gelli plate. I haven't seen any demos with them but the people I know who do have them reckon they are really messy and not impressed with the results either.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do you get your ideas from, Fiona. This is brilliant. I have to try it!! I saw the gelli plate demoed by Barbara Gray and loved the results but if a tan mat works like this.. fantastic!!
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  5. This just looks fantastic Fiona. such a creative idea for the gelli printing theme. Will be watching the shows and will look out for yours to be shown
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it is very much appreciated xx