Thursday, 7 March 2013

Hang in there...sneak peek number 3

Well afternoon all - it is nearly Friday and "Hang in there" seems appropriate. It is kinda the message behind the sentiment on my 3rd and final sneak peek this time round before Sheena's shows on Create and Craft tomorrow. The shows are 11a.m. and 7 p.m. tomoz and I hear a rumour of a multi buy offer...

For stamps to work for me I want them to be flexible in terms of style so I have combined the ancient oak tree and wrought iron for 2 different styles of cards both using pretty much the same stamps:

Card one is embossed onto Centura Pearl that was coloured with distress inks and the backing paper is from Sheena's Paint Fusion CD rom.

Card two is an 8 x 8 card - so you can see that tree is substantial - and used a more clean and simple approach:
I'd be interested to know which ( if any) you prefer...

If you watch the shows tomorrow I hear that one of my teamies has made THE most amazing Owl...not seen it myself yet so I will be glued to the box too!

Love
Fiona
xxx

9 comments:

  1. I am a clean and simple girl, so love the second one the most. =The first one is stunniong too though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will be watching as if your samples are anything to go by they all miss be stunning and in this bit my fav is number 1 but number 2 is lovley too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Fiona these are both superb, love the blending and colour tones in the first one but the simplicity of the second! Better get the sky+ set up xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both lovely, but the second one for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both gorgeous cards but for me it's the top one. Love the moody colours around the tree.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this image and both cards but, if I had to choose, it would be the top one for me!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this huge tree, Fiona. The colours on the top one are gorgeous and I love the wrought iron fence with it. It works beautifully simplified doesn't it. They really are gorgeous stamps.
    An owl sounds amazing and did you see that stunning card on sheena's blog last night, it blew me away.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally with you there Lisa ...that card on Sheena's blog is incredible xxx

      Delete
  8. ooh these are both fabulous! I so love trees. The new Sheena stamps are wonderful, I will be buying them at a later date - am a bit broke after Farnborough show at the mo! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it is very much appreciated xx