Friday, 18 January 2013

Snow, snow, snow snow, snow!!

Hi all,

Well London has snow and I am in the fortunate position of being able to sit and blog whilst looking out of the window and thinking "ahh, pretty!" Just hope the postie manages to get the samples through to Sheena for the upcoming 4 Day Deal starting on Monday 21st on Create and Craft and Sheena manages to get to the studios cos the new stamps are lush!

There are 4 plates  and all are gorgeous! Without further ado here are a couple of pics to wet your appetite!  I thought I'd go bright and cheerful: The background are made using Luminarte pourables and mists and are oh so shimmery in real life!

The paper on the second card is made using shaving foam and shimmer mists - my new favourite technique! I don't know whether there is a proper way to do it but what I did was spray a layer of shaving foam onto a plastic lid - spritz with mists and swirl it about a bit and then lay a sheet of paper on top and take a "print". When I peeled it off I then used kitchen towel to wipe of the excess foam. Really fun and the clean up was quick as it all rinsed down the sink!

The floral stamps and words mix and match beautifully!



The show times for the 4 day deal are

Monday 21st Jan 8 a.m. 1p.m. and 5 p.m.
Tuesday 22nd Jan 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Wednesday 23 Jan 8 a.m. 11 a.m. 2 p.m. and 6 p.m.
Thursday 24 Jan 8 a.m. 2 p.m. and 5 p.m.

if , of course, they last that long!

Stay safe and warm - more sneaky peeks tomorrow xxx

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Fiona - really love the shaving foam background. Looks like you found the ideal way to do it on your own.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful as always!! I am also snowed in and blogging hope it clears tho coz I supposed to be out teaching tomorrow!! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Fiona... I love the shaving foam technique card ... gonna give this a go ... So pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, Fiona - must try that shaving foam technique!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you having the snow, Fiona. DD is desperate for it but we've hardly had a flake up here in Yorkshire.
    I laughed out loud when I read how you'd made your beautiful cards. I've been playing with the shaving foam for my samples too. Trouble is I only had the gel stuff that you have to stir well to get a good foam and it's much heavy that traditional shaving foam. I got some good backgrounds but had to scrape the foam off the card, they smell nice though.
    Your backgrounds came out much better so i need to get myself a cheap can of foam I think.
    Keep Warm
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of them Fiona, I might have to buy some non smelly shaving foam and try this! Lots of snow here too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards Fiona, great backgrounds. Thanks for posting the ties of the shows, I did not know and need to do my sneak peeks tomorrow. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two striking cards, the stamps look fab, I've seen the shaving foam technique on TV but never tried it! Hmmmm! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful just love them xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it is very much appreciated xx