Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Distress backgrounds

Morning! I thought I'd share a recent card that I made for my nephew. Boys can be such a challenge especially when cute or character are not options. It reminded me of the images of deep space. The background is distress inks which was spritzed with water to create texture. Layers were then added with fob watch stamp and sentiment (clarity I think) and white acrylic paint. Sequin waste was used as a mask on add the dots and the whole thing finished with a spritz of Luminarte radiant rain. A sentiment topper (embossed with clear deep embossing powder) was then added.


The insert was a collage of images of my nephew doing the things he enjoys.


Have a crafty day xxx

4 comments:

  1. Ooooo .... just my sort of card .... love this and the insert is fabulous! Clever stuff!
    E xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, love it! I love creating these types of backgrounds too, so rewarding, the insert is genius xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous the background is beautiful. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. another gorgeous creation. Love the colors and great background xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it is very much appreciated xx