Monday, 10 September 2012

Can it get any better?- New Sketchy stamps from Sheena!!!!

Hello folks

Well this post is a first in a couple of ways:

My first sneak peek of Sheena's new Sketchy stamps that launch on Friday  and
My first go at scheduling a whole week of posts - I will definitely need your good wishes if this is going to work!

Though some of the stamps have a wintery feel they are versatile and to give a flavour I have decided to go with the Robins.

( I was so pleased that Sheena added this to the selection I spent ages looking for a natural looking robin last year - I even resorted to trying a freehand version with very dubious results!)

Anyway cutting the waffle - here goes:

I have stayed with a traditional feel here - the holly, bow and sentiment are all part of the set and the nest? Well, look closely and you might spot that it is made from the twiggy part of Sheena's paint fusion set!

The whole thing is done on Crafters Companion watercolour card and painted using a mixture of walnut stain distress ink, whisper pens and Luminarte pourables.

However for the second I had a bit of a play....


In this card I have again used the paint fusion wreath set in conjunction with another robin from the stamp set, the bow stamp has been transformed with a gingham makeover. The tiny daisies in the Paint Fusion daisy set  are used for decoration and, as any fusioneer will tell you, are uber easy to paint!  The robin has been done with promarkers this time on Neenah card. The whole thing has this been matted onto coordinating card-stock for a spring/ summery feel.

Have a great week - please check back as I will be posting different samples each day. By now Sheena no doubt has had another successful day on Create and Craft  and we can all look forward to another Sheenathon on Friday 14th September!

3 comments:

  1. Oooo these are just fabulous, Fiona... I just adore the Robin ... okay I will post two of mine now... Thanks for all your help
    Eileen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous samples Fiona, wish I ad the wreath it works beautifully with the Robin. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are stunning, Fiona. I love how you've incorporated the paint fusion daisies with the robin. I've been meaning to have a play with them on the wreath for so long and still haven't got round to it. Must get my paints out again!!!
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it is very much appreciated xx