Thursday, 9 August 2012

Glorious sunshine - it must be Christmas crafting!

Good morning all,
Well what a glorious day! I am sporting some sunburn from a day at the Olympic park and watching the hockey - though I think my niece and nephews were equally impressed with the Olympic size MacDonalds on the site and the amount of people - coming from Shetland it was 10 times the  population of Lerwick!

Anyway I have digressed today's offering is using the little girl from Sheena's up and coming new stamps launching on C&C next week : Monday 13th at 9 p.m. and Tuesday 14th at 8 a.m. and 11 a.m.  I have kept it simple here as the image is so appealing! Whisper watercolour pens on  CC watercolour card and a few baubles on the tree added using acrilyc paint and the wrong end of the paint brush, The addition of some peel off corners that were lurking in my stash completes the picture:

Have a great Thursday: I'm off to tackle the ironing pile before sneaking in some more Christmas crafting this afternoon! xxx

9 comments:

  1. super card Fiona
    hugs linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, very well coloured in image xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's even better in the flesh! The colouring is beautiful, and, you've given me another idea... used Distress Inks to colour the whole thing, Inks to stamp and blend with water, H2o's, going to watercolou one, used copics... but I'm now going to get the whispers pens out! Nice one!
    Bet it was amazing yesterday?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Unbelievable and as you know, sport, is not my middle name! but the park and atmosphere were just incredible and everyone was enjoying themselves...makes you proud..:-)

      Ps. thanks for persevering and I am off to remove the captcha obstacle!

      Delete
  4. Right - I have to have a rant now!! Why do they make those bloomin' words and numbers so ridiculously hard to read when you want to post a comment??? It's taken me 5 attempts today!!! Tried listening and that was even worse... grrrr.
    Good thing you're worth it:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry and thank you!! Will send Kraft Macaroni and cheese as penance! xxx

      Delete
  5. Hi Fiona, I love your card, the image is gorgeous, and the colouring is Fab...... I'm now a follower x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and image, love the colours you have used xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous traditional vintage looking Christmas card. This is fantastic and would make anyone smile.
    Huggles Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it is very much appreciated xx