Wednesday, 23 November 2011

Today's sneaky peek - thanks Aileen and Catherine!

Hi there

Well, as there were 2 suggestions I decided to choose them both - thanks Aileen and Catherine! . Aileen's choice first:

This one was made using some fab new stencils as well as the Luminarte Radiant rain mists that Sheena Douglass is launching on Create and Craft on 28th November. (Check out this Crafters Companion link for the amazing Existencil 12 x12 stencils!) I used embossing paste over the stencil and then sprayed the Neenah  card with 2 of the radiant rain mists in jasmine and ginger peach.

The central panel is using a pink core-dinations card stock  sprayed with wine and roses as are the vellum butterflies ( I added a touch of silver glitter spray to make them extra sparkly!!)


Butterfly love

The second peek is Catherine's choice: For this one I used another existencil stencil but this time a 6 x 6 that I embossed onto core-dinations card stock and spritzed with ginger peach and edged using distress inks. I'm sure you will recognise the leaf embellishments as being Sheena's Autumn Leaves set. I am particularly pleased with the central image made using the olive vine radiant rain dabber on the back of a beech leaf I grabbed from the garden and whilst out there I snaffled a bit of garden twine in place of the ribbon!  The sentiment is another Sheena set - this time Seasons Branches

To everything a season

Anyhow that's all for now - thanks for taking the time to look - as ever any comments are warmly welcomed!

Take care of you x

6 comments:

  1. They are both gorgeous Fiona (but I have to say that the second one is my favourite!!) I can see I am going to have to sit on my hands again as the more of these mists I see, the more I think I NEED them!

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. two beautifull cards Fiona
    i hope your hair is back to it's normal colour
    my hands are all clean now lol
    hugs linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them both Fiona!
    The colours on the butterfly one are beautiful and the leaf one is so natural looking. Good Job!!!
    Aileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!! I do so love these Fiona! What fantastic colours and those stencils are fabulous too. I can see some spending happening on Monday and OMG I just love those butterflies. Can you tell me which die that is from please :)

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad you like them folks! The die I used for the butterfly is Marianne Design Creatables Die - Butterfly 2 - LR0114 about £7.99 and pretty widely available and it worked a treat on my little ol' cuttlebug xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 great cards, though the first one is my favourite as it's such a lovely butterfly you've used.
    Keep up the good work :-) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it is very much appreciated xx