Thursday, 27 October 2011

G'day Mates!! - Sneaky Peek Day 4, Sheena Douglass sketchy stamps

Well G'day Mates! Today's sneaky peek at the talented Sheena Douglass's sketchy stamps has a distinctly antipodean feel. (I couldn't resist getting out the ol' acrylic paints any longer! There's also a little attempt at brayering going on. :-))

On the main image I used the wild-flower set and big and juicy ink-pad, in foliage, in the background. The flowers are embossed with Sheena's WOW  powders - gold glitter. Turned out OK I think...but would love to know what you think.

Have a crafty day! xx

Sheena Douglass "A little bit sketchy" launches Sunday 30 October

6 comments:

  1. stunning card love the effect
    hugs linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card!

    Is the backing paper one you've done from scratch or bought in or a bit of both?

    Love the way you've done the main image :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate, the backing was done from scratch on a black card base using acrylic paints (pebeo range) and that fusion favourite, of the wrong end of the paint brush to make the dots xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fiona, your work is amazing, I love what you have done with the backing paper and I just love this stamp and the embossing looks brilliant against the background.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a stunning card Fiona, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could not believe my eyes when I saw this ...I love my brayer too! but I have never seen such clever work with the wrong end of a paint brush ! Well done, great card! Can I link this technique to my next blog posting please xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it is very much appreciated xx